These interviews were recorded at the World Conference on Indigenous Women, which took place in October of 2013 in Lima, Peru. Over 200 women from around the world gathered to discuss the need for greater prominence of Indigenous women at every level of decision making, and called upon governments to dedicate funding to attend to the specific needs of Indigenous women.
Women that were interviewed, in order:
4. Maylei Blackwell (Cherokee /Mexican-American)
5. Gudrun E E Lindi (Saami, from Norway)
6. Jocelyn Hung Chien, “Jinumu” (from Taiwan)
7. Andrea Landry, Lisa Abregu Arroyo, Nellis Kennedy Howard (Navajo), and Jocelyn Hung Chien
8. Agnes Williams (Seneca)
9. Andrea Landry, Lisa Abregu Arroyo, Nellis Kennedy Howard
The conference was hosted by The Center for Indigenous Peoples’ Cultures of Peru (CHIRAPAQ). Cultural Survival was part of the official media team.
Interviews recorded and edited by Kaimana Barcarse.